VERVAEKE’s efforts in the field of sustainability are also reflected in the company’s active participation in the ‘Responsible Care®’ initiative taken by the chemical industry, the Cefic (European Chemical Industry Council).
With this initiative, the chemical industry and stakeholders – including logistics services providers, via the European Chemical Transport Association (ECTA) – make a commitment to improve performance in the field of the environment and health, to increase safety, and to intensify mutual communication so as to perfect products and processes.
In the context of Responsible Care®, participating companies like VERVAEKE undertake, among other things:
- to constantly upgrade their knowledge of the environment, health, safety and protection;
- to use raw materials efficiently and avoid waste as much as possible;
- to communicate openly on their progress, their results and any shortcomings;
- to cooperate with the various authorities to help develop and implement the regulations and standards;
- to distribute help and advice to deal responsibly with chemical substances across the entire production process.